To be eligible as an intern for our domestic gap-year program, the following is required:
- Dynamy interns must have completed a high school education and be between the ages of 17-22.
- Students must be able to work independently at their internship for 28 hours a week, Tuesday through Friday, for roughly seven hours each day.
- Interns are required to attend life skills workshops every Monday.
- Interns need to have that capacity to live independently in apartments with other Dynamy students. They are responsible for their own meals, cleaning and managing their schedule so that they are able to uphold internship responsibilities.
- Interns need to meet weekly with their internship advisor to discuss progress and post Dynamy plans.
- Interns must be compliant and self-regulated with their medication.
- Interns must be in good mental health standing with no hospitalizations in the last year for mental health, substance abuse, self-harm, or eating disorders as Dynamy is not a therapeutic program.
*for specific questions regarding student fit please contact Dynamy at email@example.com or 508-755-2571
Attend our events to learn more about Dynamy, such as information sessions, tours, open house, USA gap year fairs, parent’s day, or at high school visits and college fairs.
tuition & aid
Internship Year enrollment options include the Full Year, Fall Semester, & Spring Semester. The majority of our students participate in the Full Year.
In 1969, three innovative leaders founded Dynamy after realizing the limited options for the youth in their transition from high school into the real world.
Read some of our frequently asked questions
Don’t worry! We hear this often. Many students coming into Dynamy are unsure of their internship path or even where they want to start. Dynamy has a trusted team of advisors that can help you navigate the process and find an internship that will be a good fit for you. Part of Internship Year is exploration and gaining a better understanding of your interest and passions.
Dynamy interns are 17-22 years old. Many students attend Dynamy right after graduating high school- others come after a few semesters of college. Whatever your recent path may be, you should apply if you feel ready! The most important factor for a successful Internship Year is the motivation to work with supportive advisors, like-minded peers and real world internships.
We understand transitions can be hard, especially trying to make plans for next steps. Dynamy advisers work with students throughout the year to discuss and assist with future planning. Additionally, Dynamy has a part-time college counselor on our team to help students navigate the college process from individual classes to colleges and universities.