What to Expect
Through the hard work of Dynamy staff and students we were able to successfully complete the 2020-2021 Internship Year! Despite the pandemic, our students were able to navigate and internship experience, live independently in apartments, explore Worcester, newly dubbed, “Smile City”. We are excited to welcome our new class of students for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022!
To help reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and foster a safe and healthy community, precautions will continue to be taken during your time at Dynamy. These precautions may be lifted in the future if they are no longer deemed necessary and additional precautions may also be put into place if they are considered necessary. Please note that following these guidelines is critical to the safety of our community.
- All students will complete a daily self-assessment for symptoms
- All students will be screened on a daily basis by Residential Coordinators
- All visitors to administrative buildings and student apartments must complete a symptom screening prior to entering the building
- Follow regulations regarding group gathering size in apartments and other Dynamy activities
- All students must inform staff if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 prior to arriving at program activities (e.g. advising, Monday Programming)
- For group activities all participants must wear masks regardless of vaccination status
- All students must use hand sanitizer when entering offices or apartments, including rest room visits and different apartments within the same building
- During non-program activity time, students must continue to wear masks while in the main building
REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS: If students are visiting other apartments, they will be required to wear a mask indoors.
VACCINATED STUDENTS: Individuals who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear their masks in their own apartment.
UNVACCINATED STUDENTS: Individuals who are not vaccinated will be required to wear masks in their own apartment with the exception of their bedroom.
Vaccinated students will be encouraged to wear masks indoors, but it is ultimately up to the discretion of the individual sponsor/business policy. Unvaccinated students will be required to wear masks at their internships regardless of the sponsor/business policy. This is a MA mandate.
Read some of our frequently asked questions
Don’t worry! We hear this often. Many students coming into Dynamy are unsure of their internship path or even where they want to start. Dynamy has a trusted team of advisors that can help you navigate the process and find an internship that will be a good fit for you. Part of Internship Year is exploration and gaining a better understanding of your interest and passions.
Dynamy interns are 17-22 years old. Many students attend Dynamy right after graduating high school- others come after a few semesters of college. Whatever your recent path may be, you should apply if you feel ready! The most important factor for a successful Internship Year is the motivation to work with supportive advisors, like-minded peers and real world internships.
We understand transitions can be hard, especially trying to make plans for next steps. Dynamy advisers work with students throughout the year to discuss and assist with future planning. Additionally, Dynamy has a part-time college counselor on our team to help students navigate the college process from individual classes to colleges and universities.